Go Back

Deck fire causes damage to west Lethbridge home

June 3, 2020

On Tuesday, June 2, Fire and Emergency Services responded to a fire on the deck of a home in Copperwood. Three stations responded to a two story house fire where a barbeque on the back deck had malfunctioned and caught on fire.

The fire extended onto the siding and exterior of the home. Crews were able to bring the fire under control quickly. There was one minor injury reported, but hospitalization was not required.

Damage is estimated at approx. $20,000.

Residents are reminded of the importance of barbeque safety.

More information is available at the City of Lethbridge's website: https://www.lethbridge.ca/living-here/Emergency-Services/Fire-Prevention/Pages/Fire-Prevention-Videos.aspx

Lethbridge