Go Back

Fire crews respond to another blaze.

August 9, 2019

Lethbridge Fire and Emergency Services responded to a residential house fire in the 700 block of 12A Street North today. Officials say three stations were called to the home and quickly extinguished the flames coming from the front of the house.

Investigators determined the origin of the fire came from under the front deck. The cause of the blaze was the improper disposal of smoking material. No injuries were reported and damage was estimated at $100,000. Officials want to remind residents that when extinguishing smoking materials to always dispose of them in a non-combustible container filled with sand or water.

Lethbridge