- mandatory indoor masks are a requirement province-wide (including work places).
- No indoor or outdoor gatherings are permitted
*Additional restrictions to begin this Sunday morning.
Kenney announced that effective 12:01 a.m. Dec 13th:
- retail businesses (including malls) will operate at 15% capacity (down from 25%)
- food courts and other food services will be take-out only
- places or worship 15% capacity (online and drive-in services are strongly encouraged)
- Restaurants, bars, lounges and cafes are to be take out or deliveries only
CLOSED province wide (effective Dec 13): Casinos, bingo halls, gaming/racing entertainment centres, race tracks, pool halls, night clubs, legions, libraries, theatres, fitness centres, gyms, pools, spas, massage therapy, tattoo, piercing, hair and nail salons, indoor rinks, arenas, community halls, trade shows, banquet halls, conference centres.
*Allied Health services can remain OPEN including: dental, physiotherapy, chiropractic.
Outdoor rinks and ski hills may OPEN
Hotels can remain OPEN but with pools and fitness centres closed
*Christmas holiday gatherings should be limited to your household only, and two close contacts if you live alone. (If you have roommates you do not live alone).
There will be no change to the school restrictions already put in place.
According to Alberta's Chief Medical Officer of Health, there are 1,727 new COVID-19 cases that have been identified in the past 24-hours (Dec 7-8, 2020)
- Nineteen thousand tests have been completed in the past day.
- Nine new deaths have been reported.
- 654 Albertans are in hospital (more than 300 of these are in Edmonton alone)
- 112 in ICU
- 18% of Alberta's schools (426) are on "outbreak" status